I feel horrible and it took me about 20 minutes to get out of bed this morning. I had my alarm set for 8:17 am so I could get up in time for the people who were coming to see me at 10. As I laid there debating whether to get up or not, I came up with a list of why I shouldn’t. As the day has gone on, I have added to this list. It goes a little something like this:
- My best friend came over and we stayed up til 3:30 in the morning. – Yeah, we’re that irresponsible!
- It’s a cloudy day – It’s alot harder to sleep when it’s sunny and you are supposed to greet the day. When it’s dark and cloudy, that’s nap/sleep weather.
- I was comfortable – I have a crappy mattress. So it’s not often that I wake up thinking “Oh Baby! I’m lovin this!” And the fact that I woke up this morning thinking I was eating McDonalds was a sign.
- My ankle is broken – It is so hard to move all the time now, that I never want to get up ever. Honestly, I wait hours to go to the bathroom because it sucks so bad just moving.
- You don’t feel as much – My ankle throbs. IT THROBS! And I don’t want to feel that. Nor can I feel how uncomfortable I am when I’m asleep.
- It’s so hard getting dressed – I had to take a bath. I’ve always hated baths, probably cause I’m too tall for the bathtub. And do you know how long it takes to get dressed when you have a broken ankle? Almost 5 years.
- “I’m healing” – Those are my mother’s words. And I will take them out of context and use them to my advantage if needs be.
- I had less than 5 hours sleep – I’m sorry, I don’t think I stressed this one enough. I’m tired!
- I don’t drink coffee – Or soda. Or really anything that could give me a boost. I could go for an energy drink, but I dont have one and I can’t drive.
- Dreams – I’ve been having some great dreams lately. Dreams where I can walk and be with certain people. I left that this morning.
- No one is awake – Since breaking my ankle, I’ve been suffering from cronic boredom. So waking up early is just making it a longer period of the day where I’m bored.
- I lost my phone – This really has no relivance. It just happened and I thought I would add it to the list because it’s upsetting.
So my mother always taught me to pros and cons every problem. But I can’t think of any pros. And I’m already dressed, make-up and everything, and I have to leave in an hour. So there’s no turning back. Freaking great.
P.S. I found my phone. Text me.Follow @corzgalore